The Environmental & Energy Law Program (EELP) is seeking a Senior Staff Attorney to develop legal and policy research on climate change and clean energy policy. The senior staff attorney will engage with private and public sector actors on federal and state climate rulemakings and convene diverse stakeholders and experts to develop legal analysis and policy proposals. Based on their experience and expertise, they will lead a portfolio of work for EELP, including managing staff attorneys and fellows supporting that work. Additionally, they will work in close collaboration with the executive director, staff attorneys, fellows, and student research assistants on current and emerging energy and environmental issues, contribute to ongoing projects to track and analyze federal and state environmental, energy, and climate regulation and build partnerships across the university to enhance our program’s work and influence.
As a Senior Staff Attorney you will:
- In conjunction with the executive director, build and manage partnerships directly with outside stakeholders to carry out research and writing and conduct various public events and meetings.
- Generate and sustain a portfolio of ongoing legal and policy research, writing, and public engagement activities to support EELP’s work related to federal climate rulemakings.
- In collaboration with the executive director, develop partnerships with other related Harvard initiatives.
- Supervise, advise, and coordinate research activities with staff attorneys, fellows, student research assistants, and outside partners.
- Contribute to ongoing projects to track and analyze federal environmental, energy, climate, and environmental justice regulation and initiatives.
- Deliver presentations and attend events on behalf of EELP.
J.D. degree, admission to state bar, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant post-graduate professional experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for people who have:
- Superior research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise judgment and discretion
- Extensive familiarity with a wide range of environmental statutes and case law
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, self-motivated environment
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach