Join our team! The Environmental & Energy Law Program (EELP) is seeking a Staff Attorney to develop legal and policy research on climate change and clean energy policy. The staff attorney will engage with private and public sector actors on federal and state climate rulemakings and support the team’s convening of diverse stakeholders and experts to develop legal analysis and policy proposals. They will work in close collaboration with the executive director, staff attorneys, fellows, and student research assistants on current and emerging energy and environmental issues, help manage ongoing projects to track and analyze federal and state environmental, energy, and climate regulation, and build partnerships across the university to enhance our program’s work and influence.
As a Staff Attorney you will:
- Contribute to EELP’s ongoing legal and policy research, writing, and public engagement activities to support EELP’s work related to federal and state climate rulemakings.
- Advise and coordinate research activities with fellows, student research assistants, and outside partners.
- In conjunction with the executive director, build and manage partnerships directly with outside stakeholders to carry out research and writing and conduct various public events and meetings.
- Contribute to ongoing projects to track and analyze federal environmental, energy, climate, and environmental justice regulation and initiatives.
- Develop and manage EELP events, delivering presentations and attending events on behalf of EELP.
J.D. degree, admission to state bar, and a minimum of 3 years of relevant post-graduate professional experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for people who have:
- Superior research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise judgment and discretion
- Extensive familiarity with a wide range of environmental statutes and case law
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, self-motivated environment
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach